Sunday, October 31, 2010

CD15 Check-in

So, I think I meant to do some check-in at some point, just see where I am with the cycle, how I'm feeling. I guess smack-dab in the middle is a good place to start.

Or, I guess I'm smack dab in the middle. I have no idea what the heck is going on with my body right now.

Stats:
CD1: 10/17, extremely heavy bleeding, clots, and heavy cramping
CD2: still very heavy bleeding, clots, cramping, starting to feel slightly lightheaded and dizzy
CD3: moderate bleeding slowed to light by end of day, still cramping
At this point, by far the worst period I've had since the first one off birth control. The past 5 or 6 have been really light, barely even a heavy day.
For reasons known only to my subconscience, I chose not to drink green tea or pomegranate juice this cycle even though I bought both. Also considered buying PreSeed since my EWCM supply has been low as of late, but I didn't do that either.
CD5: Unusually high temp that could have been caused by two glassed of wine the previous night; Fertility Friend not giving me an open circle, though, which is weird.
CD7: Watery CM starts, right on time, with some spotting still. Temp. up quite a bit from previous day, again possibly due to wine the previous evening (still no open circle on FF).
CD9: Oddly low temp., possibly due to not sleeping well and not feeling well, thought that usually causes my temp to be up. Marked sleep deprived, got open circle.
CD12: Good EWCM, first good sighting in months.
CD13: Positive OPKs both morning and evening. Odd to get a positive on morning of CD13. Still a small amount of EWCM, only found internally.
CD14: Temp. up higher than expected, once again possibly due to two glasses of wine (still no open circle). Slight positive OPK in the morning, but not convicing. Definite negative in the evening. Still a tad bit of EWCM, only found internally. Really expected to ovulate on this day, so finding temp odd.
CD15: Temp. back down, but not the drop I'd usually expect for O day. EWCM possible, looks creamy, but still has decent stretch.

So, I'm a bit confuzzled by my body right now. It's not odd for me to O on CD 15 through 18, but the fact that I've started getting negative OPKs and that my temps do not match any previous patterns has me wondering what the heck the deal is. Did I O and miss it due to the alcohol consumption? Have I not O'd yet and the OPKs were just off a little? Though, with a positive on Saturday morning (CD14), there is a possibility that it could be today.

Our timing has been pretty decent, I think. We were getting into the every other day groove, but missed Saturday due to a lot of circumstances.

I have a motto of try not to overanalyze, which I realize I"m sort of doing. But, I just find it interesting when things are different. And this cycle has not been like any other one I've had, so I just felt like putting it in writing so I could look back at it later.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring some clarity. I have one OPK left in the house. I didn't use it today after getting the negative yesterday evening, but I think I'll use it in the morning or maybe this evening just to see what happens.

As we say, only time will tell.

No comments: