Friday, October 1, 2010

What's in a Name

There might be days when I post more than once day. I like to "talk" and this is just where I'm going to let it all out.

I figured the title of the blog might need some explaining, although I think it's pretty simple.

It's how my life feels right now. It's how trying to conceive feels.

I'm a roller coaster of emotions--happy, sad, depressed, excited, hopeful, hopeless. You name it, I feel it--sometimes all in one day.

At the same time, my life feels like it is in constant slow motion. My life is cut into two-week segments--wait to ovulate then waiting to see if I'm pregnant of if we have not succeeded once again. It just feels like all I do is wait. And wait. And wait.

I wait to ovulated. I wait to start my period. I wait for my period to end. I wait to see the doctor. I wait for tests.

I wait to have a family.

How is it that a year has passed while I've been waiting and riding this roller coaster?

1 comment:

Brooke said...

This is very much how I feel. I have not been trying as long as you, but I completely get the slow motion roller coaster take on the waiting, and on the ups and downs.