Thursday, November 11, 2010

As Expected

Big Fat Negative.

I actually hit snooze too many times because I wanted so badly not to test. I knew it would be negative, so I really felt like I would be okay with it and, really, I was. But, the more time that passes (at about 3.5 hours now), the more I am reacting to it.

I'm not upset about the negative. It's really early, so I'm definitely not "out" yet. But, I'm angry at myself for testing. I hate testing early. Hate it, hate it, hate it. And this is why.

I think I hate it so much because I feel stupid. I feel stupid for hoping that maybe there will be some small chance that I am pregnant this time. That maybe, just this once, that I will get the cute story--oh, yeah, found out we are pregnant on the hubby's birthday; how awesome is that?!

But, no, that's not me. That's not my life. That's not how I will get pregnant. At this point, I feel so far removed from it that I can't even picture that moment.

See? Again, this is what happens. I'm way far from "out" of this cycle. I've got up to 4 more days before I'm out. But, because I took that stupid test, I'm all riled up. Convinced I'm out. Ready to just stop.

I really wanted it to be positive today. Really, really, really.

The hubby is feeling like he's not having a good birthday this year. So, I just really thought that maybe this was a sign that this would be it--what bette way to turn his birthday mood around?

::SIGH::

I'll get over it. Probably not today. Hopefully tomorrow.

Plastering on a smile and getting on with my day . . .

4 comments:

Jenn said...

((hugs)) love you Ashley...

Bethany Jayne said...

((BIG HUGS)) I'm sorry, hon. There is still time. Love you lady.

MillerMama said...

I'm sorry, hun. Hope you guys get to celebrate his birthday and take your mind off things.

Ashley said...

Thank you, my lovely ladies! I'm much better today. I've been really fine this whole cycle about our chances--not really expecting much. This just goes to show what a stupid test can do to you!