Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Product Review: Evening Primrose Oil

As I mentioned a few days back, one of my "things I'm doing different" this cycle is taking Evening Primrose Oil (EPO). The reason for this is I had heard from many ladies on The Bump that it helped increase EWCM.

Let me tell you, it does!

Because I'm not all "sciencey" (I'm a copy editor, I get to make up words like that), so I will provide a link to a site that will give some insight into the supplement and how it works.

So, I started taking it on CD4 (or 4, now I can't remember). The bottle says to take 3 a day (these are 1,000mg capsules), but I've only been taking 2. I take them at night before bed along with my prenatal vitamin.

As per my norm, I started with watery CM a day or so after my period ended, actually had some spotting with the watery CM one day. But, much to my surprise, instead of dry or creamy CM after a few days of watery as usual, I went to EWCM on CD 10. Normally, I don't start seeing any until at least CD12, later the past few months.

Starting in July, I believe, I noticed considerably less EWCM than I had experienced in the past. This had never been an issue for me, even before I started drinking green tea, which also is supposed to help with EWCM. But since July, I have had maybe one day of EWCM and sometimes that was questionable. I drank water, drank green, and nothing.

I also bought PreSeed to try this cycle, but have yet to need to break it out. I figure why pull out the "fake" stuff when I've got so much natural to work with?

I just wanted to throw in a little update on that--Jen, mostly for you since you asked!

Of course, I have no say of knowing right now if it will help me actually get pregnant, but it has definitely done what it was supposed to and I am VERY happy about that!

Oh, and I got a positive OPK this afternoon on CD12--earliest one I've ever gotten. So, pretty excited about that to (funny how positive OPKs are the one thing I still get excited about in this whole process). Bring on the ovulation!

No comments: