Thursday, January 20, 2011

3DPO? I Don't Think So. (And a Funny.)

Fertility Friend seems to think I ovulated on Monday. While I agree my temps seem to indicate that, I'm just not buying it.

I got a negative OPK Monday morning (and got rather pissy about it) then a positive Monday afternoon followed by two positives on Tuesday. EWCM through Wednesday (I haven't yet checked today). So how in the hell would I have ovulated on Monday--CD13; CD14 is usually the earliest?

I don't think it's right.

And my temps have been very different this cycle. Way lower than usual. I know there is no value in comparing things like that from cycle to cycle but I'm fairly consistent. It could be the fact that I've ramped up my working out. About 5 or 6 months ago, I did the same thing with hard consistent workouts and found the same thing with my temps. so maybe.

At any rate, I'm already calling the cycle a bust. I just didn't have it in me this time. I'm feeling very crappy and out of sorts with the whole TTC process so I didn't put forth a great amount of thought and energy. I didn't even want to temp. If it wasn't for the fact that I am so good about waking up to an alarm it probably wouldn't have happened. I used OPKs, but we only managed sex on one day of the positives (that did just so happen to be the day FF thinks I O'd, but I'm not banking on the success of that) and one other time during what might have been the fertile window.

So, I'll go ahead and officially say I'm in the 2ww. I will continue temping the next fews days just to see if the CHs (crosshairs) move on the chart, but after that, I think the thermometer will go away again.

And the funny. Conversation in my house yesterday morning:

M: There will be sex happening in this house today.
TH: Maybe if your good.
M: Oh? What do you want?
TH: You have to pay my ass.
M (after thinking for a few minutes): Five dollars.
TH: What?! $7.50.
TH: $6.75?
M--raised eyebrows.
TH: $6.25?
M: Deal.

Cheap, huh? I even stopped and got cash on the way home. (Due to a medical issue, the deal did not go through, but I'll be keeping this in mind for next time.)

Yeah, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

No comments: