Friday, November 11, 2011

Out of The Hubby's Mouth: I Keep Up with It Too

TH: Well, I know we've hit the right days.
M: Well, yeah.
TH: I know. I keep up with it too.
M: You do? Well, I should ovulate Saturday or Sunday, probably.
TH: Or the 15th.
M: Wow. Uh, yeah.

Saturday would be CD13 and my norm is CD13 or CD14, but CD15 is not out of the question. And I knew he probably had somewhat of an idea, but the fact that he knew we were upon O date shocked the hell out of me. And made me really happy all at the same time.

Too bad I won't know for sure in the end as I've stopped charting. Not permanently, probably, but for the next two cycles at least. I started out the cycle temping, but a few days in I started thinking about different upcoming events and just decided I didn't want to worry about it. I decided I might want to have a glass of wine on a particularly stressful workday or I might want to have a few glasses of wine when we have dinner with my family. And I might want to stay up late or have middle of the night sex. And I don't want to worry about how my temp is being effected by those things.

THAT would cause stress.

So, we're sort of winging it. Except that we're not. After charting for 21 cycles, my body doesn't have a lot of surprises. With the exception of the occasional "delayed" O, I'm a pretty regular gal and my CM is usually a pretty good indicator.

So, here we'll see how this approach works. Honestly, I'm looking forward to the break. And I'm sort of looking at it as a break from even trying. Not in the "if I don't try, I might get pregnant" sense, but just I don't want my holidays to revolve around my hormones.

And we'll see what happens beyond that.

At any rate, The Hubby knows what's going on, so maybe we'll just let him steer this train!

No comments: