Monday, November 14, 2011

Because It's Just That Easy


I admittedly read WAY more mommy blogs than a I should. Some of them started out as TTC blogs and then the couple got pregnant, so they've morphed (which is great!). Some are just blogs I started reading ages ago and continue and some are actual friends.

One in particular, Texas Health Moms blog, I started reading when one of my best friends became a contributor. It's actually a really great blog and one I can really read without getting how I get about babies/pregnancy - one contributor has even blogged her journey through IF (resulting finally  in pregnancy).

Today, though, I read a little gem about an 11-11-11 birthdate.

And I wanted to punch my computer.

Hmm, I think I want to wait a few more month to try. Oh, but, wait, there's a really cool birth date opporunity this year! Oh, look, my cycle and ovulation coincides exactly with that EDD! Look, nine months later, I'm due 11-12-11!

FML.

And the even shittier thing is (has anybody else noticed my increased use of profanity in this blog?) that it is actually that way for some people. Not shitty for them and I sure as hell wouldn't wish what I'm going through on anybody.

But, damn.

Stories like that just make me feel crappier. Would you like me to count the number of "perfect dates" I've had over two years? There have been a lot and I've missed every one of them.

Every damn one.

No comments: