Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Six-Month Blues

I think I've discovered something of a pattern. It seems to me that every six month into this damned process, I hit this insurmountable depression.

(Note: It makes me more depressed to think that there have been enough six-month marks to notice a pattern.)

The end of this past cycle was just really hard. Stay in bed, want to cry all day hard.

The end of this past cycle was also the two-year mark.

Same thing happened six months ago - at 18 months, just as I was getting set to start testing.

And a year ago.

And at the six month mark. I remember nearly having a breakdown in the mall after going to the restroom and discovering that, once again, I was not pregnant. (Oh, how I wish I could have smacked my naive self for that one. Six months? Really? In my defense, in addition to it being the six-month mark, The Hubby had just gotten out of the hospital with a life-threatening condition and one of my best friends was less than a month away from giving birth - and there were four other impending births coming up in those next six weeks. But, still. I'd tell that girl now to get a grip.)

I guess milestones are supposed to hit harder, but I really hate feeling this way. I hate the hopelessness. I hate that nothing makes me happy. It's not fair to everybody and everything else in my life that I feel this way. But, I can't help the way I feel.

I pray that six months from now this will not be happening again, but at the same time, I have no reason to hope it won't.

No comments: