Sunday, October 30, 2011

Out of The Hubby's Mouth: Do you have any pregnancy tests?

"Hey, do you have any pregnancy tests here?"

I was getting ready to head out the door to do the grocery shopping. I'm not sure if he expected me to pick some up after I told him I did not. But I certainly has no intention of doing so.

And, no, I did not and do not have any HPTs in the house.

In many ways, I love that he asks because I know it shows how much he wants it. But it kills me at the same time because I hate to see how disappointed and angry and upset he gets when I have to tell him I'm not.

I wish he knew what I do. I wish he could see and understand what two days of temp drops mean. I wish it erased for him, like it does for me, that hope.

And I hate to say that because I appreciate his positivity.

I love to hear him say God told him I am pregnant.

I love that he notices the fact that my skin is not breaking out right now. At all. And that he thinks that has to mean I'm pregnant.

But I refuse to let those things override the science I know to be true.

How many times have I allowed my body to play tricks on me? Too many.

So, yes, I've had some different sort of things going on with "the girls." And there was that one instance of spotting Friday morning. Oh, and the strange cramping. Not to mention that little appearance of EWCM this morning. Or the complete lack of all things PMS.

Two years ago, a year ago, hell six months ago, I might have let those things linger in my mind.

Now, falling temp patterns at 13 and 14 DPO, just lead me to the conclusion that this is one of my weird cycles and my period will be waiting for me tomorrow morning.

So, no, babe, no pregnancy tests for this house.

And I'm sorry to crush your hopes one more time.

No comments: