Sunday, May 8, 2011

Not Just Sunday

I swore to myself that I wasn't going to do this.

I was not going to be effected by this day.

We had no big plans. Just usual Sunday stuff.

It was not going to be Mothers' Day. It was just going to be Sunday.

But it's not just Sunday.

It is Mothers' Day. And, as it should be, it is everywhere.

I didn't want to cry calling my own mother. I love her. And she's a wonderful mother. But just as much as I'm celebrating her, I'm not celebrating me.

The Hubby was debating when to mow the lawn. He said he was going to do it yesterday and I told him to do it today. He said he didn't want to mow on Mothers' Day. I told him it didn't matter - no mothers in our house.

I was wished a Happy Mothers' Day no fewer than three times when out shopping yesterday. I felt like I wanted to get a T-shirt made up that said "I'm not a mom." But that would be bitter.

I am not bitter today. Just sad.

I do truly wish all mothers a very Happy Mothers' Day.

But it is still a reminder. 

No comments: