Monday, June 20, 2011

Out of The Hubby's Mouth: Father's Day

"Happy Father's Day to my Father and all the Fathers out there. Pray that I will be a Father one day!!"

The Hubby's Father's Day Facebook post.

These are the things that make me remember why I want to have children with this man and also make the disappointments 1,000 times harder.

The Hubby is so different from me when it comes to trying and to the emotions of it all. He doesn't understand why it hurt to see my grandmother so enthralled by the itty-bitty newborn that she was holding that she didn't even greet me when I walked in the house or to hear my mother, once again, discussing pregnancy woes with someone who isn't me.  He can't comprehend the emotional toll that wacky hormones takes on my body month after month, day after day. He doesn't share my fears of how to live my life if it never happens.

But, every once and awhile, he pulls something like that out of his back pocket and makes up for all the rest.

No comments: