Monday, June 13, 2011

NBA Finals Win Defeats PMS?

As it turns out, MY Dallas Mavericks winning the NBA Championship is the only thing in this very long TTC process to make me say (in regards to declining temps over the last two days; on 12DPO today) "but, that's okay; Mavs are NBA Champs!"

Who knew?

You might call me pathetic for admitting that a sporting event is the one thing that could make me happy despite the struggle when so many other good things have happened during this time - babies born to friends, nieces born, pregnancies announced, I got a long-awaited promotion, friends did not lose their jobs, baby brother graduated high school. There have been a lot.

Maybe it's because this wasn't personal to me. I don't know. Maybe I just love sports way too much - that's not really even a maybe.

But, I do know that, without a doubt, for today, I don't really care that my temps are dropping, that my boobs are killing me, and that I have definite cramping going on. I have fleeting sarcastic moments of "hey, great, I'm cramping" but then I can't help but smile. Because my team won a hard-fought, much deserved battle to get their their championship rings.

I'm riding this wave as long as I can!

No comments: