Saturday, December 4, 2010

Optimism

op·ti·mism

[op-tuh-miz-uhm]
–noun
1.
a disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.
 
When did I lose my optimism? In the beginning, it was always there. I didn't think at 9DPO what I would differently the next cycle. I didn't start looking ahead to when I would ovulate the next cycle so I could start thinking about timing.
 
Now, I just assume I'm not pregnant.
 
Sure, there are days or hours or minutes where I have hope, but I always quickly push them away. And if the hubby says anything, I shoot him right down. And I feel bad about that. He accuses me of not being positive and putting out all the negativity to the whole thing.
 
He's probably right, but I just feel like I'd rather do that that so the disappointment isn't as high. But then I do worry that I'm almost willing it not to happen. Have I mentioned the roller coaster?
 
I will admit to feeling more optimistic this cycle than I have in a long time. I don't know if it's from the hubby being so "on board" right now--he's really taken a more active interest in this whole getting pregnant thing--or if it is the holiday season giving me hope. But, I'm okay with it.
 
I think even if I let myself get optimistic, I won't let myself get overly disappointed. I've been down that road too many times, so maybe I've finally found a way to balance the two.
 
Or maybe that's being too optimistic!

1 comment:

Melissa @ Growing Up Geeky said...

<3

Good luck this cycle, sweetie!