Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012

I don't think I have ever been so glad to see last year go and a new year come in.

Without a doubt, 2011 was my least favorite year.

Absolutely, there were some great things: layoffs at work rescinded, the Mavs winning their first NBA championship, celebrating 10 years with The Hubby.

The year had its highlights.

But, overall, 2011 will not be remembered as a happy year.

I can only pray now that 2012 will make up for all the bad 2011 left in its wake.

I have to believe there will peace from all the pain brought from the loss of our friend John. His death will live with all of us for the rest of our lives, but I pray that the coming year will bring a start to healing and peace.

And my prayer for this coming year is strength and peace as we move forward in this world that is IF.

2011 brought nothing good. I spent most of the year swallowed in pain and anger and heartache and depression.

I only hope that some of the peace I startes to find will strengthen as I move into this new year.

I'm not a person to set goals or make resolutions. I feel too much pressure and sort of end up sabotaging myself.

So, I just try to look for fresh starts. Ways I can change my behavior, things I want to try.

My fresh starts for 2011 really revolve around focusing on the positive. And focusing on me - something I am really bad at.

On my birthday, I bought a little notebook/journal. The cover reads "Live in Hope." My hope is to try every night to find a quote for my day, pinpoint something that inspired me, note what I did for myself that day, list my accomplishments, and focus on what I am thankful for.

I am not going to set a goal of doing it every night, but I will attempt it.

I don't know where it will lead.

I don't know where this coming year will lead me.

But I am going into it with fresh eyes, a fresh outlook.

Happy New Year to all - may this year bring you happiness.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

2 comments:

happilyhomespun said...

I hope that 2012 brings brighter days for you :)

MillerMama said...

I hope 2012 is a wonderful year for you.

I spent several months during a pretty dark time in my life writing in a journal every day - three things that were positive that happened to me, and one thing I did for someone else, no matter how small. It forced me to be positive. I hope you have a similar experience!