Thursday, February 3, 2011

Baby Steps

I just laughed at myself about 20 seconds after the post title popped into my head.

Oh, the irony.

I have felt a bit hypocritical lately. I "preach" sometimes to ladies on the TTGP board about testing and here I've sat afraid to do much of anything for about 5 months.

That stops now. I made the first step.

CD2 and I logged onto my insurance provider's website and looked up REs in my area. I think I may have picked one.

I actually made step two, if I want to get specific. Although, this one should have been step one probably. I've never been good at rules. I also looked up the specifics of infertility insurance coverage through my plan. I've known testing and treatment is covered and the numbers, but not the specifics.

So, check and check.

Next step will be checking The Hubby's coverage more in depth. I know he has some coverage as a girl he works with once gave him the name of an RE she used who is covered under their insurance. Now, I just need to see if we have some overlap in the doctors. And figure out if he needs a referral from his PCP, which I'm sure he goes--stupid HMOs.

I actually got pretty emotional looking at the RE websites. I so, so, so did not want to be looking at them. It just made it seem too real. Both good and bad.

It also occurred to me that I have to accept that I'm probably going to have to give up the hope of a 2011 baby. Odds are at this point, I'm not getting pregnant on my own. This cycle, which would give me an EDD in November, is kind of going to be a break. Next cycle will, if all goes according to plan, be testing and while we will still be trying on our own during that, odds aren't in our favor. Then there is treatment if we go there.

It's a little daunting to think about. So, I won't.

I really wanted October. I thought it would be so cool with our anniversary(ies) being in October. And the timing of my EDD would have really worked well with time off at work (not with actual workload as I would missing a large bulk of our busiest time, but I can't think about that)--8 weeks of maternity leave would have taken me to mid-December, which would have coincided perfectly with the two weeks I already have scheduled for the end of the year every year, then I could have used two more weeks from the next year for a total of 12 weeks. Perfect!

Not in my world, though.

But, not dwelling on that.

Time to look forward and move forward.

1 comment:

MillerMama said...

Good luck! I'm glad you're moving (and looking) ahead.