Monday, May 7, 2012

12 Week Bumpdate

By popular demand, the bump:






















Worth the wait? Not so much. Still just a lot of bloat and, frankly, fat. And I'm really not being all "oh, I'm pregnant and it's making me fat." No, that's all on me. It's more about I really wish I'd been in better shape when I got pregnant. I'm disappointed in myself for not having been where I should have been. There really is a little bump down there - I can feel it. And, really, earlier in the day it's a bit more visible.

How far along?  12 weeks!!!

Weight gain/loss:  I'm up a little over 5 pounds total right now.

Workout: After some not so good weeks here, I managed four days last week!! Yay!! I'm hoping for 5 this week. We shall see. I've felt pretty good the last two mornings, so I'm hopeful.

Maternity clothes? Not quite, but getting closer. Using the hairband trick on my jeans pretty consistently now. Ordered my first bellabands today. I'm thinking I've got a few more weeks in normal clothes (perhaps with more and more help from the bellabands).

Stretch marks?  A few new ones in boob area.

Sleep? Not peeing as frequently, but having more issues with my back hurting. Probably should go ahead and get some body pillow help in that area. For the record, I have back issues - including sciatica - to begin with.


Best moment this week: Getting at least a little bit of my energy back!! I could tell Friday and Saturday I was feeling a little better, but on Sunday, I woke up feeling almost normal (energy-wise, still not so much in the tummy area). I managed almost my normal Sunday routine for the first time in 6 weeks. Even The Hubby noticed the difference.


Food cravings: A few more foods than usual, actually. Still loving my mac 'n' cheese a go-to. Some meat is more appealing, so that makes me happy. And, still, my love: milk.


Gender:  Too early! Can't wait!


Belly button in or out? Still in.


Movement?  Sadly, too early.


What I miss:  Being able to plan my meals. I think I'm getting closer to being back there, but it's tough not knowing what I'm going to want to eat at any given time.


What I'm looking forward to:  My second appointment on Thursday! We'll be hearing or seeing the heartbeat. I can't wait!!! And I just feel like this is the biggest milestone so far. I feel like once we get past this, I'll feel more comfortable really planning.


Milestones:  Baby's reflexes are starting to work, so more movement. So fun!

Mother's Day. I don't even expect The Hubby to acknowledge it as far as I'm concerned, but I'll know. It's a milestone for me.

1 comment:

MillerMama said...

Hope things go well today at your appt! Second tri is awesome for having your energy back :)