Monday, August 13, 2012

The Lazy Blogger: 26 Week Bumpdate!

Eek! I really did not realize how long it had been!

No pictures or official update. I'm not making any promises to get back to that, but I will try!

First things first, anatomy scan on on 7/5 went great. Peanut looks absolutely perfect and was swimming around like a little fish. I will admit to having some pretty major anxiety leading up to the appointment. I'd thought I'd felt flutter here and there, but was not sure. And then I'd read that I should be feeling flutters and that others were feeling flutters. I had a major meltdown two nights before the appointment and then 30 minutes later, I started feeling some flutters.

Obviously, I'm going to make you wait for the big news!

So, from pretty much day 1, The Hubby was convinced Peanut was girl. No doubt in his mind, he was sure. I didn't really have any thoughts one way or the other until I had two very vivid dreams - at about 10 weeks and again about 14 weeks - of the baby and he was a he. And, really, I think I just felt boy all along. We did try the ring on the string test (just to shut up The Hubby), but it was decidedly inconlusive, and even the Chinese gender charts said different things depending on whether I went by LMP/EDD or conception/ovulation date.

So, as my doctor said, we were going for the tie breaker.

By the time we actually got to the appointment, I could not have cared less about the sex. I was so anxious to see the Peanut and make sure he/she was okay and healthy that the sex truly was secondary.

I'm not even sure what my real reaction was when the tech said "and you have a son."

The Hubby was in complete shock. He was so convinced, he kept saying all day how shocked he was by the news, but he was SO excited. There is really no doubt in the picture that he is a he. The Hubby was so proud that he wanted to text the picture to everybody. I had to talk him down from posting it on Facebook. I mean, really.

I think a lot of people expected me to be disappointed. Having four brothers, three of whom are younger, people naturally assumed I'd want a little girl. And while that may have been a little true at some point and I would still love to have a daughter, I could not be more thrilled with a son. I'm not honestly sure I would have known what to do if they'd told me I was having a girl.

The real fun began then.

We registered that day and actually got to pick up the crib, which was completely unexpected (we'd been told two days earlier that they didn't have any in stock and we'd have to order it).

The Hubby could not stand to wait another minute to name Baby Boy, but we still had not quite settled on the name. We'd tabled the boy name discussion until we found out the sex. By the next day, Baby Boy had a name. And I love it and it's perfect.

Since then, I've finally gotten the spare bedroom cleaned out, it officially became "the baby's room." The Hubby painted and put together the crib. We got up a border and some decals.

He will have a sports themed room. We considered other options briefly, but for us, it just had to be sports. It's more of a vintage sports and we'll be using a lot of decorations dealing with our favorite teams. I'm so excited to get some of my projects done.

A couple of weeks ago, our friends threw us a surprise baby shower. Completely unexpected and so much fun. So, we've got some stuff now! That has caused all kinds of anxiety about figuring out where to put everything now. We did buy the dresser/changer this weekend, so that will help some!

What else?

I've started and almost completed "Operation Get This House Ready for Baby." I took a week off from work to completely reorganize and clean out my house. It's almost done. Then, garage sale, then we'll be ready to finish out Peanut's room.

As far as me, I've been feeling really good. Second trimester has been pretty smooth, thankfully. I can tell I'm creeping up on 3rd trimester, though. Getting tire more easily, more aches and pains. I'm still okay on weigh gain. I think I will go a bit over the 30 pounds recommended, but I don't think by much. Not doing nearly as much exercise as I'd like since we quit the gym. But, it's been too hot to go out and walk at any time of day or night (plus, we have a severe threat of West Nile Virus in our area, so I really can't be out much early or late when it would be cool enough). But, still no crazy eating, so I'm okay with it all. Back and hip pain was better, but now it's starting to hurt again. More trouble sleeping in the last week or so, which I know will only get worse!

I'm so shocked by how fast pregnancy seems to be going. It was so slow in the beginning and it felt like I had forever until November. Now, it seems just around the corner. That causes a moment of panic every now and then, but mostly, I just can't wait. Pregnancy was always a means to an end. I'm really pretty blase about pregnancy, I think. I don't love or hate it. (Okay, I sort of love it right now because he's really started moving so much and it's so much fun to have those moments where it's just him and me.) I'm ready to be done, but just because I want my baby in my arms.

Sorry this blog was so all over the place. I just wanted to catch some highlights. Again, no promises, but I really will try very hard to be a better blogger!

3 comments:

MillerMama said...

Congratulations on your little BOY!!! So happy for you :)

'HoulaMom said...

Yay! Congratulations!! You are going to love having a little boy around :-) It's so much fun. I'm so glad you are doing well and flying through this pregnancy!

Heather B. said...

So glad you are well.... your lack of updates made me a nervous wreck! Congrats, little boys are the best!