Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cycle 16 and I'm Okay

I'd be lying if I said deep down I didn't want to crawl into bed and cry and wallow in self pity.

But, that wasn't an option today.

It wasn't an option when my temp. showed to be nose-diving. It wasn't an option when I had to write my self assessment for work or get dressed and attend my work group Christmas party. It wasn't an option when I went to the bathroom and saw what I was dreading, but had to sit at my desk for 10 minutes to complete some work.

I have 101 projects that need to be completed right now. It's not practical to let my world stop for the day. Hell, I didn't even drink wine.

In my head, I'm going my plans constantly. For this cycle, EPO back into the daily regimen, use the pre-seed, start OPKs earlier, sex every couple of days to every other day up until ovulation is confirmed, and keep the hubby involved. If the cycle is a bust, on to more testing after the first of the year. And I've already calculated with I should ovulate--the week of Christmas, maybe even Christmas Day itself. Maybe we'll make our own little present.

This is keeping me going.

I almost faltered earlier. I had to tell the hubby.

I was dreading it.

I've pretty much "known" for a few days. Three days in a row of falling temps was enough of a reality check to overshadow the "odd" cramping and "odd" CM. But, the hubby still isn't 100% convinced about this whole temping thing. When I told him this morning that I had a huge temp drop (didn't go so far as to mention yesterday's spotting), he got frustrated and said it didn't have to mean anything. In order to avoid an argument, I let it drop.

So, when I got home this afternoon, I thought I'd better go ahead and tell him instead of waiting for him to ask. He was pretty upset. I actually had to reassure him and tell him it was going to be okay. A complete reversal of roles for us in this situation.

I'm still devestated. Just as devestated as every other time. I had let myself have grand visions of telling my mom for Christmas--I even thought it would be funny to take  a picture of positive pee sticks and put them in August (my phantom EDD) on the calendar I'm making her for Christmas. Yep, I let my head go there.

But, for now, I'm pretty proud of myself for forging ahead. I really didn't need to get bogged down and lose my momentum.

So, I'm forging ahead and looking at the bright side--like being able to drink at Christmas parties and gatherings and New Year Eve (I should be in the 2ww at that point, but I don't think I'll it deter me as would still be early enough)!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'm so sorry Ashley. I hate this for us. It's not fair!

Josh isn't 100% convinced about temping either. I've tried showing him my charts and show him what should be happening and what happens and he somewhat understands (and is getting better) but he's still of the notion that it will happen when it happens. It's so frustrating!

I really hope you this is your cycle. I really do. I pray for you all the time.

((hugs)) <3 you!