Wednesday, June 6, 2012

16 Week Bumpdate






















Well, my belly is almost as big as my ass. That's something, right? This week, I just plain feel frumpy. I think I'm pretty close to "popping" (The Hubby seems convinced I have), but still so very in between.

So, funny (probably only to me) story about my bump pic outfit. The pants are my super, extra comfy yoga pants. I bought them the first month we started trying to get pregnant. I was on my period, the first in over seven years without BC, and was completely uncomfortable and miserable. We had plans with friends (casual plans that involved staying in) that night and I could not fathom wearing jeans. When I got these pants home and put them on, I immediately thought how great they would be for potential bump pics. That alone might make you think I never wanted to wear them again after the first few months. Not so, but only because they were so damn comfy because I can promise you that every time I put them on, I thought about that first time. So, even though these pants are no longer fit for public wear, I'm glad I still have them and happy to put them on for these pictures.

How far along?  16 weeks!!! I can't believe it's already 16 weeks. That seems so far, yet when I think about it only being June and I have until November, it feels like forever!

Weight gain/loss:  I got on the scale end of last week and really only see a couple of pounds more up. I think the combination of not eating all.the.time and consistently working out again (and doing a lot of walking while shopping/browsing) has helped me keep from gaining too much.

Workout: Sadly only two days last week. One day of swimming and one day of walking. I wanted to go a third day, but my back decided it wanted to threaten to go out on me, so rest was the smarter mood. On the subject of working out, I think we are giving up our gym membership. At the very least, we are dropping me. It's hard for me to go consistently if I don't get enough sleep. And, aside from the swimming (which I will mess a lot), I'm just not enthusiastic about going anymore. And, once the baby is here, it will be very hard for us to have the type of workout regime we did before. Not giving up exercise by any means. But, I've done well on my own before with weight at home and DVDs. I want to be doing more stretching/yoga for the rest of pregnancy. I can walk outside and we are getting a jogging stroller for the baby. So, I'm sad to lose some of what the gym offers, but I think it'll be good.

Maternity clothes? Yes. After two days of being ridiculously uncomfortable even with my pants not only unbutton but practically completely unzipped, I couldn't deny the need for some "bottoms." The Hubby took pity on me and took me shopping. I was hoping for some skirts, but didn't find any where we went. I did get a pair of jeans and pair of capris. I also got a few tops. So, I'll still be mixing the maternity bottoms with my regular shirts that still fit.

Stretch marks?  Not that I can see yet.

Sleep? Better, for the most part. I've even gone a couple of nights without getting up to pee! The key (both for good sleep and to not be in pain the next day) seems to be a few stretched I looked up to help both my sciatica and my poor hips. I've also added one more pillow folded between my legs from my feet to my knees. The Snoogle takes care of the rest.

Best moment this week: Seeing my favorite little people: my nieces and nephew. And, officially picking the crib!!


Food cravings: Salads!


 
Gender:  July 5 is the date!




 
Belly button in or out? Still in. The Hubby seems convinced it will be out soon. He's weird.


Movement?  The Peanut and I are in serious negotiations about that. I would like very much to feel a little something.

What I miss:  The ability to get a good, complete night's sleep. Comes with the territory, so no complaints, but I do miss it!


What I'm looking forward to:  Hearing the heartbeat at my next appointment on Thursday!


Milestones:  Buying maternity clothes!

No comments: